Lesson 5. My progress in English
I. Grammar Smart
Report the children's words.
1. Steve said, "At the click of the mouse, I can get any information from the Internet in class and out of class."
2. Ann said, "I can already understand something in English."
3. Helen said, "I want to do some information search in the Internet."
4. Steve said, "We are not experienced computer users yet."
5. Ann said, "If I can do it, you can do it, too."
Sieve said lhat al the click of Ihe mouse he could get any information from the Internet in class and out ot the class.
Ann said that she could already understand something in English.
Helen said that she wanted, to do some computer search in the Internet. Steve said that they were not experienced computer users yet.
Ann said that if she could do it. Steve could do it too.
II. Word Smart
Fill in the prepositions where necessary.
1. We have PE lessons twice ... a week.
2. We took part ... the dancing contest and won.
3. My French teacher says that all things are difficult... they are easy.
4. Helen is very good ... drawing.
5. We usually have a meeting ... our Technology club in the afternoon.
1. We have PE lessons twice a week.
2. We took part in the dancing contest and won.
3. My French teacher says that all things are difficult until they are easy.
4. Helen is very good at drawing.
5. We usually have a meeting in our Technology club in the afternoon.
III. Function Smart
Match the beginnings and the endings.
1. - с; 2. - a; 3. - e; 4. - b; 5. - d.
IV. Time to Read
Read the story "Simple Arithmetic" and correct the underlined parts of the sentences below.
Well, the exams are over. I got а С in English because I don't know how to spell. In Science, Math, and Latin I got As, : and in French and history I got а В plus. This makes me first in the class, which doesn't mean very much. I know I have to , work and harder. Do you want me to come to New York for the Easter vacation, or shall I just stay here and get a rest?
I'm so pleased with the examination results. Congratulations! Practise your spelling and our worries will be over.
1. It was summer time.
2. English grammar is Stephen's weak point.
3. All his classmates are very clever.
4. Stephen is the last in his class.
5. His father is unhappy with the exam results.
1. It was spring time.
2. English spelling is Stephen weak point.
3. All his classmates aren't very clever.
4. Stephen is the first in the class.
5. His father is happy with his exam results.
VI. Time to Write
Draw a picture of your school and describe your life there.
Look! This is our school. It's really cool and we enjoy going there. It's great to learn something new every day. We have a well-equipped computer class so we all become computer literate. We also have an English speaking club and enjoy talking to native-speakers. Besides we can join any Sport section we want. Welcome to our school.