Listen and repeat. What do you usually do in different seasons of the year?
A: I usually go to the seaside in summer. And I stay at home with friends in winter. We often go to the cinema or to the theatre. We also go in for winter kinds of sport: skating, skiing and sledging.
I usually go hiking in the mountains in summer. And I go in for sport with friends in winter. We often go to the cinema or stay at home with them.
Work in pairs. Answer the questions. Then ask your friend. Add information. Use the words from Ex. 1.
A: What do you usually do when you have school holidays?
B: I like to travel to a new place. When I'm at home, it doesn't feel like holidays.
1. What do you like to do on holidays? - I like to go to the seaside or to go hiking in the mountains on summer holidays. On winter holidays I like to visit a village where my grandparents live. 2. How long do you think school holidays should be? - My school holidays should be four weeKs. 3. Do you prefer one long holidays or several shorter ones? - I prefer several shorter holidays to one long holidays.
Listen and order the pictures. Say what children found when they were at the seaside.
d; e; c; f; b; a.
Read and complete the sentences.
1. Ann is on holidays in ..... .
2. Her family is staying ..... .
3. The weather is ..... .
4. When on the beach, Ann .... .
5. Ann has gone ..... and ..... .
6. Ann asks Jane about ..... .
1. Ann is on holidays in Yalta.
2. Her family is staying hotel.
3. The weather is nice.
4. When on the beach, Ann build sandcastles, feed seagulls and collect shells and stones.
5. Ann has gone on excursions and has bought some souvenirs.
6. Ann asks Jane about her holidays in London.
Listen to these opinions. Take turns. Pupil A reads an opinion. Pupil В responds and adds information.
1. I like buying souvenirs when I travel. - Me too. Last summer when I travelled to the Crimea I bought a lot of souvenirs for my friends. 2. I think visiting a city is more iruorcsling than visiting a countryside. - I don't, either. I prefer visiting a countryside because I like nature. 3. I think school holidays should be longer in spring. - So go I I like this season very much ana want to have more time to travel. 4. I don't like to slay at home on holidays. - I do, too. I like to visit my grandparents during holidays and to spent time outdoors with friends.
a) Look, read and say what Dan is going to do on Saturday.
b) Use the pictures to write a story "Dan's Ideal Holidays". Start like this:
Dan is having school holidays soon. He is going to get up at o'clock.
Dan is having school holidays soon. He is going to ge: up at 10 o'clock. Then Dan is going to have breakfast. Alter breakfast he is going to watch TV. Then Dan is going to walk in the park with friends. He is going to watch film in the cinema too. At the end of the day he is going to play football with friends.