Listen and read the dialogues. Match them to the pictures (1-3). What kind of weather the children are talking about?
A: It's too windy for playing badminton. Let's go for a walk in the park.
B: But the weather's great for flying a kite. Let's do that.
A: Good idea! I'll go and take my kite and we'll spend some wonderful time in the park.
Dad: We are going on our skiing holiday next week.
Dan: Wow! Where are we going to spend them?
Dad: In Bukovel. I hope we'll have good weather for skiing.
Dan: I'm sure we will.
Mum: They say it might be a snowstorm tomorrow.
Mum: Yes, they do. You should stay in and watch TV.
Ann: I don't mind doing that.
1) c - tho woalhor is windy.
2) a - the weather is snowy.
3) b - the weather is stormy.
Work in pairs. Look at the pictures and act out similar dialogues.
Picture A: summer, hot, sunbathe.
Picture B: winter, snowy, frosty, to ski.
Picture C: autumn, nice weather, to walk in the forest, to gather mushrooms.
Picture D: spring, the snow melts, wet, to stay at home, to read books, to chat online.
A: What is the weather like in your country in summer?
B: It is usually hot in summer.
A: What are you going to do this summer?
B: I'm going to swim and sunbathe at the seaside
A: What is the weather like in your country in winter?
B: It is usually snowy and frosty in winter.
A: What are you going to do this winter?
B: I'm going to ski in the mountains.
A: What is the weather like in your country in autumn?
B: It is nice weather in autumn.
A: What are you going to do this autumn?
B: I'm going to walk in the forest and gather mushrooms.
A: What is the weather like in your country in spring?
B: It is usually wet ano the snow melts in spring.
A: What are you going to do this spring?
B: I'm going to stay at home, read books and chat online.
Look at the weather chart and write sentences about the weather in London next week.
It will be sunny and cloudy in London on Monday. It won't be rainy.
2. It will be sunny and warm in London on Tuesday. It won't be cloudy.
3. It will be sunny and warm in London on Wednesday. It won't be rainy.
4. It will be sunny and cloudy in London on Thursday. It won't be windy.
5. It will be sunny and cloudy in London on Friday. It won't be rainy.
6. It will be sunny and warm in London on Saturday. It won't be cloudy.
7. It will be cloudy in Lortoon on Sunday. It won't be hot.
Write questions and short answers to the sentences given below.
I won't go skiing next Saturday, the weather is warm. - Will you go skiing next Saturday? - No, I won't. The weather is warm.
1. They won't spend some time on the beach, it's too cold.
2. We will ride our bikes in the park, it's nice weather today.
3. He will go skateboarding tomorrow.
4. She won't wear a sweater tomorrow, it's warm outside.
1. Will they spend some time on the beach? - No, they won't It's too cold.
2. Will we ride our bikes in the park? - Yes, we will. It's nice weather today.
3. Will he go skateboarding tomorrow? - Yes, he will. It's warm outside.
4. Will she wear a sweater tomorrow? - No, she won't. It's warm outside.
Read the email from your penfriend Mary and write your answer.
I can't wait to visit you next month. Tell me about the place where you live. What is the weather like at this time of the year?
What are we going to do together?
Thank you for your email. I am from Kyiv. It is the capital of Ukraine. It is very big and has many places of interest. It is winter now, and the weather is cold and snowy here. The temperature is about 7 degrees below zero. I can show you my city and then we can have some fun in the park not far from my house. I'm sure you have never seen so much snow before!