Work in pairs. Take turns to ask and answer the questions (see Ex. 2, page 131).
1. Where are the children and their teacher? What do they see?
2. What do the children tell their friends about the national symbols of their country?
3. What are the national symbols of Ukraine? What do you know about them?
4. What are the colours of the Ukrainian flag? What do they mean?
1. The chilaten and their teacher are on the excursion along Khreshchatyk Street. They see the Ukrainian National Flag. 2. The national symbols are very important for all the citizens of the country they live in. And everybody must resoect them. 3. The Trident is the National Coat of Arms And the Ukrainian Anthem is the song by Pavlo Chubynsky and Mykhailo Verbytsky. 4. The Ukrainian National Flag is bluo and yellow. Tho blue colour stands for the clear blue sky and the yellow colour stands tor the golden wheat field.
Read and choose the correct items to complete the sentences.
1. Every country ..... its national symbols.
2. There ..... two colours on the Ukrainian National Flag.
3. ..... Ukrainian Anthem is the song by P. Chubynsky and
4. ..... Trident is the Ukrainian National Coat of Arms.
1. Every country has its national symbols.
2. There are two colours on the Ukrainian National Flag.
3. The Ukrainian Anthem is the song by P. Chubynsky and
4. The Trident is the Ukrainian National Coat of Arms.
Look and say what countries these people are from and what the colours of their national flags are.
Example: Mr. Brown is from Great Britain. The British Flag is blue, white and red.
2. Mr. Gournic is from the USA. The American Flag is blue, red and white.
3. Mrs. Ivanova is from Russia. The Russian Flag is white, blue and red.
4. Mrs. Wilson is from Canaca. The Canadian Flag is red and white.
Write questions to get more information.
1. We have already visited a nice museum.
2. My friend has been to Zakarpattia this year.
3. My parents bought a guide book about Great Britain yesterday.
4. I'm having a lot of beautiful photos.
1. What museum have you already visited7
2. Who has been to Zakarpattia this year?
3. Where did your parents buy a guide book about Great Britain?
4. Where dio you take those beautiful photos?