Write the three forms of the verbs.
Example: be - was, were - been
• to be • to arrive • to hear • to have • to play • to see • to read •
2) arrive - arrived; 3) hear - heard - heard; 4) to have - had - had; 5) to play - played; 6) to see - saw - seen; 7) read - read - read.
Read and complete the sentences with have or has.
1. Sue ..... already arrived in Northern Ireland.
2. ..... your friend been to Kolomiya?
3. What book ..... you read? Can you give it to me?
4. Ann and Dan ..... already seen this film.
5. Where ..... you been? I.....not seen you for ages!
6. What ..... your brother heard about this place?
1. Sue has already arrived in Northern Ireland.
2. Has your friend been to Kolomiya?
3. What book have you read? Can you give it to me?
4. Ann and Dan have already seen this film.
5. Where have you been? I have not seen you for ages!
6. What has your brother heard about this place?
Work in pairs. Take turns to ask and answer the questions as in the examples. Use the table given below.
1. A: Have you ever camped in the mountains?
B: Yes, I have. I No, I haven't. I have never camped there.
2. A: Has your friend ever camped in the mountains?
B: Yes, he has. I No, he hasn't. He has never camped there.
2. A: Have you ever helped your grandparents during the holidays?
B: Yes, I have. / No, I haven't. I have never helped my grandparents curing the holidays.
A: Has your friend ever helped hi&'her grandparents during the holidays?
B: Yes, he/she has. /No, he/she hasn't He/She has never helped
his/her grandparents curing the holidays.
3. A: Have you ever cooKed breakfast 'or the family?
B: Yes, I have. / No, I haven't. I have never cooked breakfast for the family.
A: Has your friend ever cooked breakfast for the family?
B: Yes, he/she has. /No, he/she hasn't He She has never cooked breakfast for the family.
4. A: Have you ever travelled around Ukraine?
B: Yes, I have. / No, I haven't. I have never travelled around Ukraine.
A: Has your friend ever travelled around Ukraine?
B: Yes, he/she has. / No, he/she hasn't. He/She has never travelled around Ukraine.
5. A: Have you ever planed the weekends by yourself?
B: Yes, I have. / No. I haven't. I have never planeo the weekends by myself.
A: Has your friend ever planed the weekends by himself/herself?
B: Yes, he/she has. / No, he/she hasn't. Не/She has novor planed the weekends by him self /herself.
Write the verbs in brackets in the correct tense form.
1. Look! A nice squirrel ..... (to sit) in a tree.
2. Peter ..... (to find) a lot of mushrooms in the forest last Sunday.
3. There ..... (to be) many wild animals in Ukraine.
4. ..... you ever ..... (to be) to the Ascania-Nova Nature Reserve?
5. ..... Ann ..... (to like) to feed the birds.
6. What animals ..... (to live) in the Ukrainian steppes?
1. Look! A nice squirrel is sitting (to sit) in a tree.
2. Peter found (to find) a lot of mushrooms in the forest last Sunday.
3. There are (to be) many wild animals in Ukraine.
4. Have you ever been (to be) to the Ascania-Nova Nature Reserve?
5. Does Ann like (to like) to feed the birds.
6. What animals live (to live) in the Ukrainian steppes?
Look and say what countries these people have never been to.
Example: Mike has never been to Egypt.
2. Alex has never been to Australia. 3. Dan has never been to Canada. 4. Ann ana Dan have never been to Moldova.
Work in three groups. Act out the dialogues.
Travelling to England
The Tames invited you to stay with them in summer. Role
Card A: Make a list of ten things to pack. Discuss your choice with your parents.
Role Card В: Talk with your friends and discuss the weather in the UK at this time of the year.
Role Card C: Introduce yourself to the Tames. Find out about them, and tell them about yourself.
A: Mum, I have made a list of things lo расk.
В: Can you tell me what is in the list?
A: Of course, I can. First of all I am going to take some clothes: some T-shirts, some pairs of shorts and trousers, two pairs of slippers and a pair of trainers.
B: You should also take a jacket and an umbrella. It may be windy and rainy.
A: You are right. I am also going to take a toothbrush, a tube of toothpaste, a bar of soap, a bottle of shampoo, a towel and a comb.
B: Don't forget to take the medicine.
A: I have it in the list. I am going to take a camera too.
B: Very good ideal I would like to see the photos from your trip.
A: One British family invited me to stay with them in summer.
B: Lucky you are! And it is great that you visit Great Britain in summer.
A: Yes, I know. Summer is the only season in Britain when there is no rain.
B: Besides. British summer is not very hot. You won't suffer there from heat.
A: But I should taxe some warm clothes in case of baa weather.
A: Hello, Mr. and Mrs. Tame. My name is Serhiy. I'm from Ukraine. You have invited me to stay with you in summer. Thank you for your invitation!
B: Hello. Serhiy! We are glad to see you here. Tell us more about yourself.
A: I live in Kyiv, the capital of our country. It is a very big city with rich and long history. I go to school number 10. I'm a pupil of the fifth form. My favourite subject is English. And I'm glad to be here as I can improve my English. I also wish to know more about your family.
B: Our family is not very big. We have two children: Ben ana Jane. You are the same ago with Bon, and Jane is two years older. Wo aro sure you'll be good friends. Now. let's go upstairs, we'll show your room.
Write a letter to Mr. and Mrs. Tame. Thank them for the invitation. Ask them to write you about the weather. Tell them when you arrive in England. Ask if they can meet you at the airport.
March 10th, 20_
Dear Mr. and Mrs. Tame,
I am writing to thank you for the invitation I got......
Yours sincerely, (your name)
Dear Mr. and Mrs. Tame.
I am writing to thank you for the invitation I got from your family. I'm
going to pack my oag. but I oon't know what clothes I should take.
Whai is the weather like in your country in summer? Is it wet or dry? Should I lake warm clothes? I have already bought the ticket so I can tell you the date of my arrival. It'll be or March 20. at 15.30 pm. Can you meet me at the airport? See you soon!
Yours sincerely, Serhiy.