Work in pairs. Take turns to ask and answer the questions.
1. Are there mountains in Ukraine?
2. What is the highest peak of the Carpathian Mountains?
3. What is the highest peak of the Crimean Mountains?
4. Have you ever been to the mountains?
5. When did you go there?
6. Was it difficult for you to climb up the mountains?
7. What did you see when you got to the top of the mountain?
1. Yes, there аre mountains in Ukraine. 2. Hoverla is the highest peak of the Carpathian Mountains. 3. Roman-Kosh is the highest peak of the Crimean Mountains. 4 I have been to the Carpathian Mountains. 5. I went there last summer. 6. Yes, it is difficult for me to climb up the mountains. 7. I saw a wonderful landscape when I got to the top of the mountain.
Read and order the sentences according to the text.
___ Ann looks at her country from the top of Hoverla.
___ Ann and her parents went up the mountain.
___ The view was wonderful.
___ Ann woke up early in the morning.
___ They reached the top of the mountain.
4 Ann looks at her country from the top of Hoverla.
2 Ann and her parents went up the mountain.
5 The view was wonderful.
1 Ann woke up early in the morning.
3 They reached the top of the mountain.
Write what people usually wear and take with them when they go hiking.
Example: People usually wear sneakers when they go hiking. People usually take their rucksacks when they go hiking.
Things to wear: sneakers, T-shirts, caps, trousers, shorts, sweaters, etc.
Things to take: rucksacks, sandwiches, tents, a camera, a book to read, a sweater, walking shoes, an MPS player, sunglasses, an umbrella, a map, a suitcase, etc.
1. People usually wear T-shir,s when they go hiking. People usually wear caps when they go hiKing. People usually wear trousers when they go hiking. People usually wear shorts when they go hiking. People usually wear sweaters when they go hiking.
2. People usually take sandwiches when they go hiking. People usually take their tents when they go hi<ing. People usually take their cameras when they go hiking People usually take their walking shoes when they go hiking. People usually take their MP3 players when they go hiking People usually take their sunglasses when they go hiking.
Look through the text of Ex. 2, page 137. Find the sentences with the prepositions in the box given below and write them down into your exercise book. Then write 2-3 similar sentences about nature in the place where you live.
• up • down • behind • around • from • at •
1. The sky was orange behind the mountain when Ann woke up 2. She listened to the forest sounds around her. 3. We're going to walk all the way up this mountain. 4. Ann Iooked at the mountain. 5. Do you think I can climb up this mountain. Mum? 6. They started to climb up the path. 7. The path went around and around and up. 8. Ann looked down. 9. How beautiful my Motherland is from the top of Hoverla!
1. The stone rolled down the hill. 2. The sun disaopeared oehind the clouds. 3. He put his arms around her.