Listen and repeat. Say what you usually do at the English lessons.
We usually read about life in Great Britain and the USA. Our teacher often tells us about people who live there.
• to learn new words • to read about Great Britain and the USA
• to know more about people who live in Great Britain and in the USA • to study about people's traditions • to write • to listen to poems and songs • to recite poems • to sing songs •
We usually learn new words and write the dictations. Our teacher often tells us about peoole's traditions in Great Britain ano in the USA We often recite British and American poems. We like to listen to and sing songs in English.
Listen and match the speakers (1-4) to the activities (A-D) they do at the English lessons.
1) A; 2) D; 3) C; 4) B.
Work in small groups. Discuss why Mary, Nick, Diana and Dan like or don't like their English lessons.
Mary likes her English lessons because she enjoys doing class projects.
1. Dan likes his English lessons because he always gets good marks 2. Mary likes her English lessons because she enjoys ooing class projects with her friends. 3. Nick things that his English lessons are difficult because he has problems with spelling and pronunciation. 4. Diana ooesn't like her English lessons because her teacher gives them a lot of homework every day.
Work in groups. Say what makes English lessons interesting or boring. Use the words and word combinations in the box given below.
• to write exercises / tests / stories / compositions • the textbook is nice • we read about..... • the teacher is good / knows
the subject well • homework is / isn't large • there is a lot of writing • there is / isn't a lot to learn by heart •
English is interesting because......
English is boring because......
English is difficult because......
English is interesting because the textbook is nice and our teacher knows the subject well.
English is boring because we often write many exercises, tests, stories ana compositions.
English is difficult because there is a lot of writing and learning by heart.
And the homework sometimes is too large.
Work in pairs. Talk about your school English lessons. Say what you like / don't like about them.
A: Do you like your English lessons?
B: Yes, I think they are fantastic! We study a lot during the lessons, but the information wo get is always very interesting and useful.
A: What do you co at your English lessons?
В: We do different exercises in our textbooks and exercise books, read different texts about Great Britain and The USA. learn new words, write dictations and compositions, act out the dialogues, listen to and sing songs in English and do many other useful things Do you like your English lessons?
A: I think they are difficult and boring. My teacher gives us a lot of homework every day. And I have problems with writing compositions.
В: І can help you with your English.
A: It would be great! Thank you.
Write the answers to the questions.
1. What languages do you know?
2. When did you start learning English?
3. Can you understand English well?
4. Can you read and write English?
5. Why do you learn English?
6. Have you visited any English-speaking countries?
7. Do you have a penfriend from an English-speaking country?
1. I know English and Ukrainian languages.
2. I started learning English in the second form.
3. Yes, I can understand English well.
4. Yes. I can read and write English
5. I learn English because many people all over the world speak it.
6. No, I oon't, but I wish to.
7. Yes, I have a pen-friend from the USA.